Internet Advancement Allow Activity for Multiple Units

Our cub scout units commonly pick up trash while on a hike. To enter this data for both our boys and girls combined hikes, it requires 4 entries and very time consuming. This data is important to the unit, districts, councils, and national JTE metrics. The easier it is for units to enter this data the more we get.

• Please allow ability to create event for multiple units at same time
  • Please allow ability to create activity categorized as multiple types like hike and service project

Heck just move this out of internet advancement and use scoutbook where units are using calendaring option so they don’t have to log activity again to track these metrics. Scoutbook already allows for toggles for hiking and service projects on each event.

The BSA has previously stated that it will not provide a way to manage multiple units simultaneously in Scoutbook or Internet Advancement. Units are unique entities which will continue to be managed independently.

3 Likes

Not really the point of your post, but I want to understand. You have separate Cub Scout packs for boys and girls that are chartered by the same org and do a lot of activities together? Why not just have a single family pack?

1 Like

We have previously asked for this part. I’m not sure whether they will agree to it or not.

We decided to recharter that way this year. We thought we could grow the girl unit and provide a better program if it was the only all girl unit in DAC. We were also worried about unit getting over 100 and charter would want two separate packs anyways.

Regardless our goal is to provide a program with a good group of girls that don’t feel overwhelmed by the boy pack. We combine family camp, some pack meetings, and large events. Otherwise girl unit operated on their own. Girls in scouting has had a slow start. We have many dens for girls with only 1 scout. The boys pack is 50 members strong with some groups big enough for two dens.

We tried our best to follow national guidelines on this and provide girl only dens even though we hear of many packs combine boys and girls due to lack of girl members and volunteers. If we get big enough we will split down the road.

We will do whatever it takes to provide best programming for both boys and girls. My lion is in both Girl Scouts and Cub Scouts. Even though I feel Cub Scouts offers a better overall program, she is having more fun with Girl Scout group because they have many girls her age. The key is a good size groups of kids with same age and consistent programming. There are many things that are attractive about Girl Scouts including great programming with that cute touch that she appreciates. My fear is many Girl Scout troop fizzle around 5th grade. Hopefully she will enjoy Scouts, B.S.A if that is the case.

I get it. There is much overhead of running multiple units under one charter. We are combining to avoid this. That is if the system will allow us Cannot move unit from Boys Only to Family Pack for recharter

1 Like