Issues in Using Internet Rechartering 2.0 for Exploring Units

Farrell, I have not been notified that the problem has been fixed. I am looking for information, including screen shots, from units that have not previously reported problems, Any such problems should be reported from your council via a trouble ticket to natiional (a “JIRA” ticket), to include screenshots. This will help the developers determine where the problem is. In the meantime, we (National Capital Area Council) are preparing manual (paper) renewal packages for our Exploring units. National has a lot of issues to resolve and limited staffing with which to do so. As an aside, the first issue I want them to address is the apparent inability for any Explorer Club to even access the Internet Rechartering 2.0 system.

Jeff Schweiger
Assistant Council Commissioner (Exploring, STEM, Communications and Resources)
Council Service Team Chair
National Capital Area Council
Vice Chair, Marketing and Recruitment
National Learning for Life Executive Board
[scouter.jeff@earthlink.net

All, I was notified by National last evening that an Exploring related fix was applied to Internet Rechartering yesterday. I do not know which Exploring related issues were addressed in this software update. If you’ve been having problems, please check to see if they have been resolved. If they haven’t please let me know and also continue to submit tickets to through member care with screen shots of the problem.

Jeff Schweiger
scouter.jeff@earthlink.net

Gina,

Please have Post 1942 check Internet Rechartering again and see if yesterday’s software update took care of your problem. Please let me know what you find out.

Thanks.

Jeff Schweiger

Sorry have not looked in this thread - but as my DE just called on this - best course of action to get results from IT

Post user MID (BSA#) - along with MIDs of users that are missing

Hi Jeff,
I just checked; no change.
You?
Thanks,
Gina

Gina,

I’m waiting on feedback from my units with the roster problem. One thing that IT requested people do is to remember to clear your browser cache when checking to see if the problem has been fixed. I know that the Exploring Club access issue is not resolved. If you still have a problem, the National Exploring office requests that you or your professional should submit a ticket to member care with screen shots of the problem., and as Donovan suggested list the member IDs of the members that are missing from the roster.

Feel free to contact me directly if you have other questions. I’m in frequent contact with National on this issue.

Jeff Schweiger

The issue that was preventing Exploring Clubs from accessing Internet Recharter 2.0 has been resolved. Still waiting on fixes to the incomplete roster issues.

Jeff Schweiger

2 Likes

All, while many of the Exploring specific issues with IR 2.0 have been resolved, some have not (e.g., processing of CBC waivers had an issue that may have been resolved, but I don’t have confirmation on this). Please continue to reach out with issues.

Jeff Schweiger

Online Exploring Unit Registration Renewal. Again, this year Exploring is using the Internet Recharter 2.0 application to renew Exploring unit registration. The software has been updated since last year and the problems we experienced with renewing Exploring units last year resolved. Updated user guides as well as an Exploring specific addendum are located at https://www.scouting.org/commissio…/internet-rechartering/