Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Issues with New Member Coordinator Course

I am having a problem when I take the New Member Coordinator Course. It shows that overall I am 95% complete with the course and shows that I am 90% complete with the Elements of the Job portion of the course. I have watched each of the three portions twice and have watched two of the portions three times. I have completed the Welcome module. What am I missing that it does not allow me to complete the course? Any help would be appreciated.

Are you taking both courses at the same time?

SCO_536 Elements of the Job is a 30 minute course. I wonder if there might be a time-out issue

@RickHillenbrand What do you think?

I don’t know… ScoutingU folks said they will get back to me in the morning.

I have tested the Learning Plan and had no issues in receiving a 100% completion. It might be several things that need to be checked:

1. What browser is being used? Chrome is best. Edge should work as well.
  2. Are pop-ups enabled?
  3. Was the Learning Plan enroll button selected to enroll in the learning plan?

If none of these solve the problem please let us know - we will need your e-mail address and/or member ID to give course credit for worse case scenario.

1 Like

Hi Timothy,

I have only used Chrome as my browser for this course. My pop-ups are not blocked and I am enrolled in the course. I received a message saying thank you for exiting the content. You may now navigate away from this content but the only thing I can do is use the back arrow to return to new member coordinator details. Also, I clicked on the little arrows which opened to show check marks when completed but it does not record the second piece for me. I have included one picture for your reference. If needed I have another photo. My email is dcstrunk@gmail.com and my ID is 137110703.

Thanks for your help with this.

Connie