Lost permissions

It looks like I lost full control permission. I am a pack admin.
What happen was I was removing cubs that didn’t recharter and all of a sudden I couldn’t do it any more.
Went and look and I am not showing I have full control any more.
How can I fix this?

Go to your roster page, click your name, click your admin position and click update.

It won’t let me click on my name.

So, your name doesn’t say pack admin under it anymore? You’ll need to get another pack admin to add it back.

It does have pack and den admin rights to it.

Try again, someone set you up as a Pack Admin and a Den Admin. Since Pack Admin has higher rights than Den Admin, you don’t need Den Admin. I removed it and refreshed your Pack Admin position. You should be OK now.

So after I move a scout to another den, I lost full control again.

There seems to be some sort of issue with the connections during the recharter posting period. That might be impacting you here.

I am having the same exact problem. I am a Troop Admin and only have viewing rights. I was able to do the update a few days ago and it has reverted back to no permissions. I am unable to click on my name to reset my position.

@TrayBates,

1. Have you checked with Unit Key 3 (SM,CC,COR) or another Unit Admin to see if they can reset your permissions?

2. Has your charter been finalized & posted by your registrar, or are you in “recharter limbo” as noted in this discussion?

3. If you don’t know the answer to Item 2, when does your unit leadership position expire according to your profile at my.scouting.org? If it’s not some time in 2022, you’re probably caught by Item 2.

I did work with a Key 3 to try to fix my issue and they were not able to edit my positions either. I was basically greyed out and unable to have my position edited.

Relating to recharter, we are a EOY recharter date and all of that has been completed with the council but there may be council level work to be done. Don’t know for sure.

That’s probably what’s causing the issue, @TrayBates. The developers are aware of the issue, per the referenced post, but we generally don’t hear when things will be fixed until a fix is released.

Thanks. I’ll have patience until recharter work is confirmed completed. Just a bit frustrating when I am the one everyone goes to for help and I can’t do anything about it.

No kidding. I’ve filled the same role in my unit (I’ve recently turned it over to someone else), and folks have come to dread hearing “Well, there’s this new bug that’s impacting Scoutbook…”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.