Membership cards do not show the unit number

Using Windows and Google Chrome. the cards selected nicely under printing, however the council number prints at bottom left side of card and also on the card, but the unit number and type now do not show on the mmbership card. I tried with Crew, Pack and Troop. Since the cards are no longer printed by our council, I was printing to give to our members.

It looks like that is how they print, saying the individual is a member of the Boy Scouts of America and does not print the unit.

Just so you know, the cards printed unit numbers before the upgrade. I think it may be an oversight in the mapping of the information as the council number is listed twice. If you have someone who is in more than one unit, the cards are not helpful.

@RonaldBlaisdell Can you comment?

Hello. Where does one get a membership card? – Katherine Gil :grinning:[quote=“DonnaSword, post:1, topic:357441, full:true”]
Using Windows and Google Chrome. the cards selected nicely under printing, however the council number prints at bottom left side of card and also on the card, but the unit number and type now do not show on the mmbership card. I tried with Crew, Pack and Troop. Since the cards are no longer printed by our council, I was printing to give to our members.
[/quote]

@KatherineGil If you just want to print the membership card for yourself, you can access it at my.scouting:

Menu → My Profile → Registrations

Then click on “Download Membership Card”.

Go to my.scouting and select your unit. Must be key 3 to see roster. Click on roster and then Print. You have the option to print membership cards
D

This has been sent to BSA IT for their inspection and determination. Being a holiday weekend (Passover, Easter, Ramadan, Hanuman Jayanti) I don’t expect much movement (or even a reply) until next week.

For a reference point, I downloaded our cards on January 13th, 2023 and the cards did not include the Troop number at that time.

I print these cards out each year to give to my Scouts from Troop 1140 and to my Venturers from Crew 1620. 2019 was the last Charter yesr that the type of Unit and Unit number were listed. Starting the Charter year 2020 it just prints “is an adult leader or scout in the Boy Scouts of America (then it list the Council Name and Council Number)”. So it’s been since Charter year 2020 not recently.

3 Likes

@DonnaSword - well not so recent then if 2020 was yesterday

1 Like

Since at least 2021 they have not identified unit. For me it just prints the same card twice as I have same role in multiple units.

It looks like they have updated the membership cards to include the unit number again.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.