Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Merit Badge Assigned to Ranks

This topic was in a previous forum but I am still needing some help. I have a scout that is working on his Eagle. He needs 3 more Eagle MBs and 3 more “other” MB. However, there are 2 “other” MBs that are being credited to the Bronze Palm. Why would MBs be assigned to a Palm when they should be assigned to the Eagle rank?

1 Like

When you go to:

[Scout]'s Advancement -> Eagle Scout

Which merit badges do you see under requirement #3 for the elective merit badges (14-21)? Are these merit badges still in progress? Or have they been completed?

Can you post the bottom 3 MB’s of his Eagle in screen shot. And the palm in screen shots

Sorry for the late reply. When I look at his Eagle I see the following:
1-6 Completed badges

7 Pers. Fitness not started

8 Chose Badge

9 Completed badge

10 Pers. Mngt not started

11 Chose bade

12 Camping not complete

13 Fam. Life not started

14-21 Completed badges

Then I go to his Bronze Palm and I see the following"

1-3 Completed Badges

4 Blank

5 Blank

Why would 2 of the 3 in the Bronze Palm not be up in the Eagle “Chose Badge” #8 and #11?

Sorry for the late reply. I cannot get them all on the same screen to send easily. Below is what I see.

When I look at his Eagle I see the following:
1-6 Completed badges

7 Pers. Fitness not started

8 Chose Badge

9 Completed badge

10 Pers. Mngt not started

11 Chose bade

12 Camping not complete

13 Fam. Life not started

14-21 Completed badges

Then I go to his Bronze Palm and I see the following"

1-3 Completed Badges

4 Blank

5 Blank

Why would 2 of the 3 in the Bronze Palm not be up in the Eagle “Chose Badge” #8 and #11?

14-21 are electives. The others are Eagle required.

1 Like

8 is emergency prep or lifesaving
11 is swimming, cycling or hiking

1 Like

It sounds like your Scout actually needs 6 more merit badges from the Eagle-required list:

7 - Personal Fitness
8 - Emergency Preparedness OR Lifesaving
10 - Personal Management
11 - Swimming OR Hiking OR Cycling
12 - Camping
13 - Family Life

He does not need swimming nor Emergency preparedness. I did not list every MB. He only needs the ones I listed and 2 of them are not Eagle, however the two he needs is listed under Bronze Palm.

Nevermind…I was very wrong. I see how it works now. The Chose badge is the “OR” type Eagle MB.

I got it!!

Thank you!

1 Like

Yep, for some reason I thought he had EP and Swimming. I understand what Chose Badge means now. I will follow up on those missing MBs.

Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.