National Outdoor Awards Question

I am curious on how others keep track of hours/miles for the different outdoor awards. The camping one is easy becuase much of it is documented in scoutbook. There is not a good way to keep track of water hours or riding miles. Any suggestions? Many of my boys have got to be close to earning some of these if I had a good way to track. Thanks in advance.

The boys who do track it for Aquatics/Riding usually do so in a note attached to the requirement. They just update the note with any new activities, recording the hours/miles a date, and a description of the event.

1 Like

We tell our scouts to keep track of their own hours/miles however they seem appropriate and ask that they get an SM/ASM to signo off on the logs no different than the camping/service logs in the back of their books. When they feel they have earned this award or one of the devices, we ask them to fill out the award request form and submit to the SM along with their records. He reviews and if approved, sends on to the Adv Coord to order the award and track.

1 Like