National Outdoors Award activities

How do scouts, parents, and leaders record activities in Scoutbook for the National Outdoors Award?

The activities and service logs in the scout handbook are workable solutions for recording all activities (aquatics, riding, etc). However, I did not see versatility in Scoutbook to record the details of activities related to National Outdoors Award as an e-record for tracking progress over time.

Any ideas or workarounds?

I recommend tracking the elements (e.g. hikes, camping night, etc) directly in the comments of the award segment to which they apply. In some cases, it’s the only feasible work-around, such as cub or scout camping nights from a unit that didn’t use Scoutbook.

2 Likes

Charley,
Thanks for the suggestion. That would work.

Jim

1 Like

On the subject of versatility (I assume you meant the ability to record activities besides hiking, camping and service), there is already a request (somewhere) in the backlog to “upgrade” the logs to accommodate other types of activities. However, it’s been in the backlog so long, I think that was before we moved over to Discourse for the discussion groups.

If you’re looking for something else specifically to be added to the logs (e.g. an additional parameter within the existing types of activities), it would be good to get that request added to the backlog as well, so that it can be considered when the logs (eventually) get revised.

Charley,

Exactly. Just the other activities.

Jim

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.