New Internet Rechartering 2.0

Having worked recharter for a decade I welcome improvements and the move toward ease of use. I am hopeful we are moving in the right direction.

3 Likes

Do we have a sandbox for this yet?

1 Like

@JohnGeiser they said mid-September we would see training & the sandbox. I will get an update Friday.

2 Likes

Is there any update here?

Information is all posted here:

2 Likes

Sandbox info posted here: Internet Recharter 2.0 Sandbox Environment

1 Like

I am a Cubmaster (Key Three). The ‘Recharter’ icon doesn’t appear on the left menu bar on Internet Scouting. Is there a known workaround to this, or is the system down?

… or does the system only come live on 15 Oct?

The real system comes online 10/15/21, but the sandbox is supposed to allow you to play with it. I too do not see the recharter icon in the sandbox.

I am the committee chair (yes, really in my.scouting.org). :slight_smile:

1 Like

The way I read the announcement is that 15 October it goes live for demo. Now that could mean 14 October at 12:01am… or 12:03… :slight_smile:

Having gone through recharter beginning in 2010… I look forward to it.

The sandbox access for units rechartering in December was fixed late this afternoon. The following was sent to councils in the last hour:

The technical issue encountered with the sandbox has been resolved. However, the use of a generic password is no longer practical. We have since updated passwords to users in the sandbox to be the same username and passwords they would otherwise use when accessing any of the Scoutbook applications.

Thank you for your continued support of the Scouting movement.

So, units should be able to access their unit in pre prod (again only the unit key 3) but now they will just use the real password.

We (BSA IT) are still working on a non-unit person access, we need to prepare the database and reset the user logins. I will let you know when it’s ready

Sandbox: https://advancementspp.scouting.org/

1 Like

I apologize if I missed this in earlier communications. Is there a plan to open up to Key 3 delegates as well, does that happen “automatically” via whatever process allows access to the unit Key 3, or is it specifically intended to be limited to Unit Key 3 (excluding delegates)?

1 Like

If you are a Key 3 delegate, give it a try. (This is like our 4th posting - I suggest downloading the handbook.)

Good grief. I even asked the question above. Where’s the embarrassed emoji when I need it? :wink:
:

Just tried at 5:53pm central. Still, no button. Tried in incognito mode and confirmed I have my position with committee chair selected in the upper right.

Yeah, bummer. I’m not seeing it in either Firefox or Chrome. “We get there when we get there!” :grin:

I just tried the sandbox and I get to IA but alas no recharter. Honestly I am not in a huge hurry to stress test the system. Once logged in the there is a red error box presented at the top of the window, so not certain of the all api’s have been engaged.

No one will have access for 6 days - it has to be 90 days out from 12/31 for those expire dates - try again 10/1 - they might change code - they used code for REAL charters of course

2 Likes

Looks like this might be fixed in next 1 hour - it is effecting me so I will look.

1 Like

Update 7:23 pm I came back to my PC and had not logged out. The recharter button has appeared! I get the 4 blue dots spinning, though, after clicking on it. The roster appears like normal under roster, but recharter does not seem to come up.