Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Not able to import event CSV file

As near as I can tell, I have created my import file correctly. However, It will not import. I get the following error.

The file you selected has the following errors.
Aborting import.

• Column names are missing or not in the right location mapURL<>empty*

there is an invalid number of columns in the csv file data

I used the sample file in the provided documentation to make sure I have the correct column headers and number of columns. I removed all commas from the fields to ensure only commas were the delimiters. I opened the CSV in Excel and it interpreted the correct number of columns. Still, I get the error. I have tried both the Chrome extension and the Firefox Extension.

TroopMaster Events - Events.csv (21.0 KB)

I solved my own problem. The documentation I pulled down did not include a column for mapURL. I wasn’t paying attention to the fact that is what it was missing.

2 Likes

I checked the help documents and they were out of date as well. They are now updated and available.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.