I have seen similar posts in the past but this is a new occurrence.
Notification bell in tool bar will show a number, but the drop down will show a different number and opening the page to see what needs to approved shows a different number than what pops up to be approved in the list. The list upon opening only shows a few old items that have already been addressed. Today I had to open a scout profile to see their most recent camping nights logged by them to be approved. Notifications did not show those items either on the bell number or the drop down of the page list of items to be approved. Also I have a persistent Rank needs approval on an Eagle Scout for a Bobcat rank that won’t go away. I empty my cache on a daily basis, log out, refresh and it has been there since we’ve had Scout Book Plus.