BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

One more black pug CSV file upload question

I have not yet pulled the trigger on uploading the CSV file because I need our camp to correct some discrepancies. I read somewhere that I need the name in the CSV file to correspond to the account name in Scoutbook.

When I tried to save the CSV under a new name in excel so that I felt comfortable making changes, I got an error saying that not all features will work. Is this going to be a problem? I realize this is really an excel question not a feature extension question, but I don’t know who else to ask. I tried saving as a CSV file in excel and still got the same error message. I really don’t want to mess everything up when I upload this file!!

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Angela

Angela,
The extension supports names that don’t match. It does this by listing the unmatched name, then giving you a list of names from the Scoutbook roster so you can make the match at the time of the import.

Regarding the csv warning - that is a standard Excel warning. It just means that formatting will be lost (e.g. font styles) when the file is saves as a csv file. So no worries -just accept the warning. CSV files by definition don’t have formatting so its not a problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.