Possible to merge old accounts with new?

We had several adults that had new accounts automatically created for them recently, and now they are no longer linked to their scouts account. I’ve found that the problem is the BSA numbers don’t match, but is there a way to merge the old account with the new number? They’re unable to log in to the new accounts to create an email, etc so just want to take what is on their existing accounts and update with the new info. Hope this makes sense.

#1 Old- UserID 449289 (but no BSA member number)
#1 New- UserID 9965622 and BSA number 12642505

#2 Old- User ID 818686 and BSA number 13132786
#2 New- User ID 10001142 and BSA number 132143010

#3 Old- User ID 818709 and BSA number 131224014
#3 New- User ID 10027961 and BSA number 13288816

#1 is merged. The reason the system created a new SB account is because he used a nickname on the original SB account instead of his legal name and the original account did not have a date of birth. He needs to log in with his my.scouting.org ID that starts with T and ends with 6.

#2 is merged. The original SB account used his middle name as first name. He needs to log in with his my.scouting.org ID that starts with CD. He needs to log in to my.scouting.org, go to MENU → Manage Member ID and make sure MID 132143010 is primary and 13132786 is secondary.

#3 is merged. The original SB account used a nickname as first name which prevented a match when he registered. The user has 2 my.scouting.org IDs. He can use either one but which ever one he uses needs to have MID 13288816 set as primary and MID 131224014 added as secondary. One of his registered positions did not merge. I have set the account to sync positions. The next position sync is 3:00 PM Central today.

Hi, I have the exact same problem I think. I have lost my connection to my current post as Den Leader in lieu of where I grew up decades ago. I am not sure how to undo this, and I don’t have a record of my old IDs. Can you please help? Can I call someone?

@jacob.johnson,

I’ll send you a private message so we can gather the information needed to investigate. Look for a green circle with white number on the orange circle with white T in the upper right of your forum window.

I have a parent as well with multiple UserIDs and only 1 that also has a memberID. we have been fighting this for about a year. Please get in contact with me.

Joseph,

If you can give us the UserIDs we can merge them.

Please merge userIDs 143874 and 11773989 into userID 11592473. The address on Heatherfield is there current address (if that gets merged, if not we can reenter it).

Joseph,

This is done. She needs to log in to Scoutbook with the my.scouting.org ID that is her first name followed by her last name.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.