Remove adult linked as parent from scouts profile

There is an adult listed as a parent for one of our scouts that is not their parent. I verified with our scouts parents and they do not know the gentleman that is listed as a parent on their sons connections.
When I reviewed the non-parent profile it appears that he is in a pack in another state.
How do I go about getting this adult/non-parent removed as a connection for our scout?

@TeraMayer I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it

For others this is something an admin cannot do - you would reach out to @SUAC-ADMIN or your Local Council

I don’t know what @SUAC-ADMIN is but a general search didn’t provide an answer.

My name is John and my son has two people listed as parents that are not his parent. I tried to contact local council but they were not able to help. I also called national and they told to contact the local office. I also was not able to find a phone number for scoutbook but I did send an email about a week ago but no reply.

Are you able to help? Please feel free to contact me at holtzj2001@yahoo.com

Why are previous leaders and advancement chairs listed as parents?

@DonovanMcNeil was referring to tagging the SUAC (Scoutbook User Advisory Group) admins in your message in these forums. That general tag will get the digital attention of the volunteers (like @DonovanMcNeil) who may be able to help you.

At first guess, likely due to an error by the adult unit leaders making the original connections.

Earlier this year, BSA’s support was reorganized to directly support council professionals only. In theory, your route to Scoutbook or other Member Care support is through your local council. In practice, many councils don’t know this, or don’t have an obvious parent/volunteer-facing staffer identified for this task. Some councils are out there ahead of the wave, but not all of them are ready.

ETA: Or, folks in the forums here can attempt to help with simple to not-so-simple problems, depending on their access and skill levels.

@JohnHoltz I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it

Thank you it worked.

I have the exact same problem and I too contacted my council. It’s three weeks unresolved, our CC is a parent for almost all scouts in the pack. I have pack admin access.

Also, council tried to resolve our CM having two Scoutbook records. In fixing it they merged his “records” with those of another Scouter, same name. This also is unresolved three weeks and he cannot gain access to Scoutbook since their attempt to fix.

@Christopher.Schuster I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it

Your Committee Chair can remove himself as parent. All he needs to do is click on the name of a Scout, uncheck the box next to Parent / Guardian, and then click Update.

Hello! Neither council nor Scoutbook have been able to help me remove a previous leader listed as parent of a know d who is now in our troop. Could you please help me?

@SilviaSpeck I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.