Remove Parent Connection (again)

I accidentally connected the wrong adult leader to a Scout as a parent/guardian connection. How do I remove this connection? The option to change the relationship is grayed out now.

you can call council - that is the only option - they can send in a ticket

1 Like

That’s probably not an option with our Council… they don’t “do” Scoutbook admin. But I’ll call them tomorrow to confirm.

Councils can do it in their Volunteer Support Tools (VST).

1 Like

BSA National requires councils to be front line support for Scoutbook. Someone in your Council has access to VST tools. If they don’t know how to remove. A bad parent connection they can ask for instructions through their internal channels.

1 Like

Okay, I’ll give them a call… last time we had an issue they told me to look on these Forums, lol! thanks Jennifer and Edavignon, for the extra detail about VST tools. I’ll definitely mention it!

I had this happen recently, and the “incorrect” parent was able to log in and remove their parent connection to the scout.

The SBUAC in the forums can resolve about 85% of the issues. Some do require the council. This is one of them. Most of the time, though, they can help. So, this was a good place to start.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.