Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Remove Higher Rank Advancement

One of our den leaders pointed out that a Tiger shows up as having earned Bear Claws in Scoutbook, which is clearly a mistake. I went to the Scout in Scoutbook and clicked on his advancements, but I am only able to edit the advancements that are Tiger rank or lower - the Bear one doesn’t show up in this section. How can I remove Bear Claws advancement for him? Also isn’t this something that shouldn’t be allowed to happen (approving an award for a higher rank when the lower ranks have not yet been earned)? Thank you.

go to the Scouts Page - if the Scout Earned Bear Claws you should see it - click it there and clear it out

You may have to temporarily move the Scout into a Bear den to remove Bear advancement.

Thanks, I definitely cannot just clear out the Bear Claws so I am going to try to advance him through to Bears to do it and then remove all the achievements I had to put in to get him there. Hoping that works. I appreciate the responses!

@AmyScott4 - just move him into a bear den… DO NOT DO ANY RANK OR ADVENTURES. Remove the bear item.in error then move back into the correct den.

Adding additional advancement will not automatically make him a Bear. That will just give you more stuff to undo. Go to the Bear den and click reassign scouts.

Thanks, your tips worked. I reassigned him to a Bear, removed the achievement, then reassigned him to Tiger.