Scheduled calendar reminders not sending, but "send now" reminders are

Afternoon All,

I just noticed that scheduled reminders for calendar events are not sending – but the “send now” notices are sending. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Many Thanks and Yours in Scouting,
/bryan/

Thank you. I have reported this to the developers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I realize that the ability to schedule reminders in advance was disabled in order to address the fact that some members’ ISPs were filtering those reminders as SPAM.

Can we PLEASE reenable the advance reminder function in calendar? The NOW function is only good if you remember and are available NOW.

The solution applied to disable the advanced calendar reminder function punishes everyone in order to help a few. The better solution would be to communicate with the offending ISPs and services so they understand that this is not SPAM. In the meantime, because my leaders are forgetful, my unit’s reminders are not being sent out, and ATTENDANCE IS DROPPING OFF! <<< Is that our goal?

It is not individual ISPs that are the issues. NBlaclkists work on heuristics and other proprietary automated algorithms that they will not share with the BSA. We know keeping automated reminders turned off is helping to keep the frequency of being placed on the blacklists lower. Turning them back on now would make the issue worse.

Leaders can subscribe to the Scoutbook calendars so that events show up on personal calendars.

Lack of automated reminders is mot a reasonable excuse for leaders forgetting to do their duties. We expect better out of our Scouts, we should expect better out of our leaders too.

1 Like

Some units were setting 3+ reminders for every event - So that sends identical emails maybe 100’s of times - that is exactly what a spam factory looks like. A Solution is being worked on.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@edavignon Just to be clear, the issue isn’t the leaders, it’s the families (parents). We live in a day and age that people need (and expect) several reminders for everything.

1 Like