Scout Training not showing up

@MaureenMellett - perhaps the question to ask is what training is important to the parents and is that in the my.scouting.org drop down when you add it ?

1 Like

The Training is there for me to add, it is not there already. And for a few of my parents ALL of the Training is important. They want ALL the accolades possible for their scouts. And while it’s a bit of a pain, I get it. Their scouts worked hard and participated all the way along and should receive recognition, even if it’s just on the Eagle application form/IA report and no one otherwise cares – THEY care. And adding it as it happens isn’t a big deal, it’s the going back part.

I have certain scouts I know I need to go back and update all; some of the others I’ll see if I get to them (although once I have an email up with everyone who participate in “x” I’ll add all of those at the same time).

I didn’t say myScouting, I said Scoutbook

@CD32 - yes and I stated that there was no direct link between them.

@MaureenMellett - and that training does not play a part in the eagle rank application

I think you’re saying there “shouldn’t” be a link, so something entered in SB shouldn’t show up in my.scouting, but I feel like some items did potentially come across? At least NYLT that I entered (found out later Council should have, but I did because I didn’t know better). I didn’t run a report to see what all I was missing until a little late in the game, so not sure if any ILST would have shown up, just not most (and no CPR/AED).

Doesn’t matter. They want to see it since they accomplished it. Required or not it’s an accolade they earned and want to see. These parents have every teeny tiny pin/ribbon/patch since their kids were Tigers. I get it (even if it doesn’t mean I’d want it for myself or my scout).

@MaureenMellett - in my.scouting.org you can list training by each person… that is within the add/search. I would make sure you are not duplicating effort.

Mods - I think this has run its course. Things have been explained but there is no positive outcome to dragging this out any further.

I don’t know what to tell you other than when I took over as advancement chairman in 2020, I have been able to add ILST for Scouts in Scoutbook and it still shows up in my scouting training.

Thank you for the clarification, I obviously misunderstood. I did try that. Se la vie.

@CD32 - I would suspect a key 3 entered it it in my.scouting.org or requested council to enter it. But there was never ever a direct link from scoutbook to training records and I have used scoutbook for a long time.

I think we are done here… this horse has been thoroughly beaten :slight_smile:

I can assure you that none of the key three intercede.

@CD32 - ok… but there is no direct link never has been.

Some 8 years ago there was a scoutnet sync button that would screen scrape the training in scoutnet and post it to scoutbook but there was not a push operator

I became the Advancement Chair in late June of 2020. We have had two ILST since then. I have been able to add ILST in Scoutbook for several Scouts. All of those Scouts training records show up in My Scouting.

Someone else must have entered them into my.scouting.

1 Like

@Matt.Johnson - yes indeed… but sometimes folks do not know what others have done… or requested be done.

I’m perfectly willing to believe you that they show up and you didn’t enter them. All I can say is it may never be properly explained and count your blessings (wish I had your luck). :wink:

@MaureenMellett - it was certainly not an action by scoutbook as it never pushed training records it was always a pull operation going back 8 years.