Scoutbook Adoption

The Scoutbook folks don’t really have staff to support individual units, per se. It’s mostly just volunteers here in the forums (either SUAC folks like @JenniferOlinger and others and non-SUAC folks who’ve been using Scooutbook for a while).

My recommendation is to start with the help documents, which while to some extent dated, still give a very good understanding of a lot of Scoutbook’s capabilities and processes. The link actually goes to one of my posts on the forums a while back listing some of what I found to be the most helpful how-to docs.

If folks want a “safe” space to play with Scoutbook, there’s a sandbox server available at https://scoutbookpp.scouting.org (note the “pp” in the URL). That sandbox server does not play with live data, and you login by using the “canned” credentials (snapshot below). I find that poking around on the sandbox helped me avoid creating mountains of trouble when I started out as our Unit Admin and Key 3 Delegate.

Beyond that, if you’re unable to figure out how to do stuff, and can’t find it in the help docs, the forums are here to help. The only requests are that folks take advantage of the search functionality on the forums to see if someone else has asked the question already, and that new questions get their own thread (as opposed to getting stuffed into an unrelated thread) so things are easier to keep track of and respond to.

Good luck and welcome to the new crazy! :grinning: