The BSA promise is that Scoutbook services will be available to all units. Why does Scoutbook continue to require units, scouts and scouters to have USPS assign zip codes? Not all of them have them, I suggest checking what the BSA membership database supports. Apparently Scoutbook and BSA membership programmer analysts are not on the same track.
My understanding is that some BSA tools now shift to an international format if the country is not the USA.
Scoutbook 2020 Announcement
- First Time Login
- The first time a user logs in to Scoutbook, if a zip code is not part of the user’s profile, the user will be required to enter one
BSA 2019 announcement (my.scouting,org)
- Adjusting zip code processing in account creation and in Application forms for non-US country addresses.
- Status (2015?): Bug report submitted, [International Postal Addresses (other than APO, FPO and DPO) are not supported] (https://www.scoutbook.com/mobile/forums/bugs/27811/international-postal-addresses--other-than-apo--fpo-and-dpo--are-not-supported/) - Scoutbook response: “Good points. I will see that we do something about supporting a non-US postal System for international addresses.”
- Internationalization of Scoutbook (May 2015-)
- Transatlantic Council scouts not able to edit profile - US state code required for input preventing access.