Scoutbook- Unable to Add Parent Connection

Tiger Cub (BSA 13843491) does not have his Dad connected. Dad is connected to his older Bear Cub, but will not come up via a search (name, email address and BSA ID) when I try to connect him to his Tiger. Dad’s BSA ID is 13648736. (Mom is connected to both without issue.)

Please help. :slight_smile:

new connections are messed up right now - watch change log for a fix

1 Like

You could try using the pack Connections Manager to connect the parent to the Scout. If that works, then you can go to the Scout’s Connections page and add the parent/guardian connection type.

1 Like

I’m struggling to find the Pack Connections Page. I can see everyone that’s connected to me as Cubmaster, but if I try to add a connection there it shows up that I’m requesting to add a Scout for MBC purposes.

My Dashboard → Administration → My Units → Pack ### → Pack Roster → scroll down to Connections Manager

2 Likes

@JennyGoguen Go to your Pack Roster page in Scoutbook, then scroll down until you see “Connections Manager”.

2 Likes

Ohhh- OK. There is it. Unfortunately there’s no way to add anyone on there right now- guess it ties into where the new connections aren’t working. Thank you!

You should be able to page down to the “missing” parent’s name (which should already be in the list since they’re connected to their Bear scout), then click on the blank where the “missing” parent’s “row” and the Tiger scout’s “column” intersect. That should bring up an interface like this:

Clicking either “View XYZ” box should create a connection. Then, go back to the pack roster. Click through to the Tiger scout. Go to the Tiger scout’s Connections page. There, scroll through to find the previously missing parent’s name, click on it, and then change the connection type to Parent/Guardian.

That ought to work. I can’t test it without creating an erroneous parent connection. :^P

2 Likes

That did it! I guess I’ve never use Connections Manager like that before- had no idea I could just click on the table…

Thank you so much for the thorough walk-through! He is now properly added.

1 Like

Now make sure you go to the scout’s connection page and modify that connection to be a parent/guardian connection type.

2 Likes

I already did- thank u!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.