Show Requirement Descriptions - Report Builder

In Report Builder I have noticed some of the Eagle Required Merit Badges do not show requirements when “Show Requirement Descriptions” is checked. These include Communication, Cooking, Cycling, Emergency Preparedness, Environmental Science, Family Life, Lifesaving, Personal Fitness, Personal Management, Sustainability. Why is this?

Also, is there a reason the requirements from the most recent printing are not being used in the report for some of the MBs? For example, Citizenship in the Nation shows the v2005 requirements but the current printing is 2019.

James,

There is a bug in Report Builder that I will report to the developers. If you scroll down in the Report Builder options and also turn on Show Requirement Descriptions the requirements will show.

There is only 1 version of Citizenship in the Nation in Scoutbook. Except for minor wording changes, the requirements were last changed in 2005. Since the changes did not add any requirements a new version was not produced.

We are asking the Scouts BSA Program team to clarify the requirement 7 since the wording in the 2014 pamphlet which is on https://www.scouting.org/programs/scouts-bsa/advancement-and-awards/merit-badges/ differs from what is in Scoutbook and in the Kindle pamphlet which was released in 2020.

Hi Ed,

Thanks. Show Requirement Description is checked but the MBs I mentioned still don’t show their requirements. This was what I was trying to illustrate in the screenshot above. You can see the last three requirements for Citizenship in the World (7c, 7d and 7e) being shown above Communication, Cooking and Cycling which aren’t showing their requirements.

Now that I think about it, none of the scouts on the report have “started” those MBs I mentioned in Scoutbook. Is this why the requirements won’t show?

I believe so. I have passed this on to the developers as well.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.