Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

System glitch alert when logging into my.scouting.org

I am receiving the following message when I log into my.scouting.org. What should I do?

A system glitch prevented us from updating your profile email address to what you had provided during your account creation process. Please update the email address on your profile to what it needs to be. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Go to My Profile

1 Like

Try and change your email in scout book and it will sync that with your bsa id sso and you should be able to sign into my scouting

I was having the same exact problem. I can log into Scoutbook fine. I can see my profile on My.Scouting, but I get the error message and it won’t let me go to the my.scouting homepage. My email for both are the same and have not changed in years.

The fix for me was I went to my profile in my.scouting, edit my email, and check the box to make sure it was my “primary” email.

1 Like

I just started to experience this issue roughly a week ago. I can get into Scoutbook without issue. I can get into my.Scouting \ My Profile, My Accout, or My Training - that’s it. Otherwise, it recieve this message: A system glitch prevented us from updating your profile email address to what you had provided during your account creation process. Please update the email address on your profile to what it needs to be. Sorry for the inconvenience!

I have tried in private mode, etc. No luck. Open for recommendations.

I suggest you contact your local Council and see if they can (1) update, and (2) set as primary, your email address. If not, then they can reach out to National for help.