System glitch alert when logging into my.scouting.org

I am receiving the following message when I log into my.scouting.org. What should I do?

A system glitch prevented us from updating your profile email address to what you had provided during your account creation process. Please update the email address on your profile to what it needs to be. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Go to My Profile

1 Like

Try and change your email in scout book and it will sync that with your bsa id sso and you should be able to sign into my scouting

I was having the same exact problem. I can log into Scoutbook fine. I can see my profile on My.Scouting, but I get the error message and it won’t let me go to the my.scouting homepage. My email for both are the same and have not changed in years.

The fix for me was I went to my profile in my.scouting, edit my email, and check the box to make sure it was my “primary” email.

2 Likes

I just started to experience this issue roughly a week ago. I can get into Scoutbook without issue. I can get into my.Scouting \ My Profile, My Accout, or My Training - that’s it. Otherwise, it recieve this message: A system glitch prevented us from updating your profile email address to what you had provided during your account creation process. Please update the email address on your profile to what it needs to be. Sorry for the inconvenience!

I have tried in private mode, etc. No luck. Open for recommendations.

I suggest you contact your local Council and see if they can (1) update, and (2) set as primary, your email address. If not, then they can reach out to National for help.

I logged in and went to my profile, made sure every field was filled out. Somehow my email address had become unattached so I added that in and now it seems to be working.

I have tried talking to my Council and they are no help. Is there some way I can reach out to National?

Dylan - you need to work through your Council - only they can work with National Support.

1. Have you tried going into your “My Profile” on My.Scouting to change your email address?
  2. Have you asked your Council registrar to change your email address? (It will sync in 12-24 hours from their system to My.Scouting)
  3. Have you tried to change your email in Scoutbook and letting that sync to My.Scouting?

If none of those have worked (and #2 should work 100% of the time) then tell your Council you need someone at National to fix your My.Scouting account email address.

Changes in Scoutbook do not sync back to my.scouting.org.

1 Like

@Dylan & @JohnEwing

Did you ever resolve your problem? I’m having the same problem (prompt to change email at login) but cannot update my email in my.scouting. It’s greyed out and doesn’t allow me to change. (Oh, and my email in Scoutbook is the same as my.scouting.)

I had been using my Gmail credentials to log in, so I tried swapping over to username/password. It won’t allow me to change to username/password because it says my username isn’t long enough (>8 characters). However, it’s greyed out and won’t let me change my username. Ugh

Yes, I had to call someone at our council level who called someone at the national level to resolve the issue. I am not certain what was changed, only that it was fixed.

The bad news is this issue returned about a month ago. I contacted my council and asked them to contact National. Instead, I was asked to change my email address. I have been using my linked Gmail without an issue in Scoutbook. Why do I need to change my address? Even if it’s for troubleshooting, seriously? National was able to fix it without changing in the past. How do we contact National to resolve?

@JohnEwing are you clicking the Google Login to get in? That is how you have it setup

Only the council can contact the national service center.

Your primary login is your my Scouting Tools, https://my.scouting.org/ login in. The userid may not be the same as the one that is part of your Gmail address.

Because I was not part of a unit during software changes I had one time when my “my Scouting Tools” had to be removed and rebuilt by the national service center. However, that should now be a rare occurance.