Technology Roadmap Update

Hello. It would be great to have the “Commissioner Technology Goup” do a roadmap update for upcoming technology improvements. We had some great progress this last year. The recharter tools and registrar tools were cut over and ScoutNet shutdown. What is on the docket this year? I know the BSA doesn’t seem to like to do this often, but a few times we have had some info on what was planned. Thanks!

4 Likes

Thank you for this feedback and we will pass along this request.

1 Like

Hi @Matt.Johnson, I got in touch with Mike Weber (Tech Chair for the Commissioner Service Team) and he wanted to pass along the following message: Technology Changes for 2022 remain under discussion. Due to the completion of BSA’s restructuring activity, the budget for future projects is not finalized. A list of potential technology updates will require careful prioritization among other critical BSA projects. Although it may be a while before a meaningful list can be made available, continual activity developing ideas exist.

We really appreciate your feedback and understanding regarding this, and please let us know if you have any suggestions for improvements.

3 Likes

Ability to attach documents to roundtables and assessments.

BSA® IT may consider that a security risk. It does require more server storage which needs to be paid for some how.

National Annual Meeting (NAM) - 2022

I suspect one target date for planning is the 2022 NAM.

which I assume will be about May 23, 2022.

@GriffinRoblyer

UPDATE: BSA NATIONAL ANNUAL MEETING TO BE RESCHEDULED FOR A LATER DATE IN 2022

Extract:

March 8, 2022

Originally planned for May 23-27, 2022, the BSA National Annual Meeting has been postponed to a later date (to be announced) in 2022. The BSA National Executive Board recently approved the postponement of the National Annual Meeting to accommodate for date changes in the ongoing bankruptcy process.

Rescheduling the National Annual Meeting to occur after the BSA emerges from bankruptcy will help to allow sufficient time to prepare to transact all required business. The meeting will be scheduled within 120 days following the BSA’s emergence from bankruptcy, and all business required to be transacted will be conducted at that time. …
©2022 Boy Scouts of America

More: https://scoutingwire.org/bsa-national-annual-meeting-to-be-rescheduled-for-a-later-date-in-2022/

2022-04-11-C