Tracking Awards Not Listed / Special Awards

I see other requests have been rejected, but can we have a Notes field for each scout’s profile? One field on each scout’s profile. That would work. It would let us track those awards for later use at Court of Honor time and not overburden the scoutbook system.

Without that capability we will have to resort to tracking these awards outside scoutbook in more awkward and less secure systems. We really want to use Scoutbook as much as possible.

I hope this will be considered.

Hugh

2 Likes

I second this request. A notes field on each Scout’s Awards page would be so helpful.

2 Likes

Wait?!?!
Does Scoutbook not track all these things automatically like Troopmaster does?
Service Stars, National Outdoor Awards, World Conservation, etc.

If not, why? There are awards scouts earn that a leader isn’t even aware of.

2 Likes

Scoutbook does not currently track all national awards. The priority is getting all awards recorded by ScoutNET into Scoutbook. After those awards are supported by Scoutbook, the remaining national awards will be added.

Scoutbook does support many awards including the National Outdoor Achievement Awards and the World Conservation awards. Service Stars are not currently supported because they are not tracked in ScoutNET.

There is an item in the backlog to add a notes section to the Scout profile page. At this time we do not know when or if it will be scheduled for development.

2 Likes

“Scoutbook does support many awards including the National Outdoor Achievement Awards and the World Conservation awards. Service Stars are not currently supported because they are not tracked in ScoutNET.”

Why?

1 Like

Service Stars are not yet supported because there are higher priority items on the backlog. The BSA does not have an unlimited budget to hire developers.

Service Star support is in the backlog but at this time we do not know when the BSA will schedule them for development. Given the complications in calculating them correctly (you can’t simply take the current date, and date joined and subtract) and the fact that the majority of units do not award Service Stars, I doubt they will be supported for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

This a shame. There are many awards that we as leaders need help tracking.

The National Outdoor Awards and the World Conservation Awards are supported by Scoutbook.

Ed, Thank you for letting us know this is on the list! It would be very helpful and would allow us to not maintain a separate file on these regional awards.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.