Updated Scoutbook

How do you enter a hike in the activity log? The new updated Scoutbook is a total mess. Am I the only one who is having issues?

It depends a bit on both your role in the unit and which interface you use:

1 Like

No you are not the only one… I don’t understand why they attempted to “fix” something that wasn’t broken. It was so simple before. At first I just decided to give it time, I would get used to the new platform…Well, it hasn’t happened. I complained in a forum about the change and was told that so many people were requesting changes and they couldn’t be supported by Scoutbook so they moved it to I.A. because it was newer and capable of supporting the changes. I’m sorry but I don’t see it that way. What would it not do before that it does now? Oh, I forgot, it frustrates dedicated volunteers who give their time to Scouting…That’s what it does that it didn’t do before. Good Job IT Guys!!!

What it does that wasn’t available before:

• Unit-level activities
  • Leader approval for activities
  • Architecture to expand for different activity types

What it does not do is remind people that their venting can come across as something other than Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, or Cheerful…

2 Likes

@SteveCagigas you forgot a couple of other good bullet points (that were often requested):

• Automatically report service hours to the JTE system

• Allow entry for multiple leaders into activities and service hours (before you could only quick entry youth). Also you can add non-registered adult and youth in the count.

All things requested through forums and elsewhere.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.