"Your Scoutbook account needs to be connected to a scout as a Parent/Guardian to use the scouting app"

I am a Cubmaster. My pack was chartered a few weeks ago and I am setting it up today now that I have a few scouts. When I tried to log onto the mobile app, I get the following error message: “Your Scoutbook account needs to be connected to a scout as a Parent/Guardian to use the scouting app”. Any ideas how to resolve this? I have a Tiger and Arrow of Light scout and have been consistently in a leader position since 2015 with my then Tiger scout.

As a side note, Scoutbook doesn’t recognize me as my kids’ parent and prompted me to “Connect” with the scout. When I clicked the Connect with Scout option, I never got an email. However, another committee member received a notification that I was trying to connect. Are these two issues related? Is this a council data entry issue? Any suggestions or guidance is appreciated.

YIS,

Stacey

@StaceyHamblin - could you go to each scout then your connection and check if the parent box is checked off. You would also see your name listed as a parent on the scout main page.

Scouting App is for Parent to see their Scouts and Scout to see themself

Parent connections are not brought into Scoutbook.com they have to be created.

Thank you both. Once I configured my relationship with my boys and defined my role to “full control”, I was all set to run my pack.

@StaceyHamblin You might also want to do this:

1. Go to your Pack Roster page.
  2. Click on your name.
  3. Click on your Pack Admin role.
  4. Click Update.

This should reset your Pack Admin role and connections to all Scouts in your pack.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.