Adding Parent to Leaders

I know for key roles parents need to be paid members to get them on scoutbook leader side.

However I have a parent i want to do our scheduling and that is not a true leadership role but in Scoutbook she will need permission to do that. is there a way to enter her in with more roles then just a parent so she can do the pack calendar and set up events?

Thanks

There is no way to do that - she would need to register

2 Likes

OK thanks… That might be an updated suggestion to provide some flexibility there. With the rates continuing to go up for someone to pay $45 just to update a calendar is a bit much

Thanks as always for the fast reply

That will not change we do not think - that restriction to only registered adults came from lawyers

1 Like

I expect the restrictions on non-registered adults having contact with Scouts to get stricter going forward. One part of the proposed bankruptcy settlement is that in order to camp with Scouts, even for 1 night, adults must be registered. There is an exception for Cub Scouts camping with parents, but the 72 hour exception for other programs is proposed to be eliminated.

2 Likes

And beyond that you would notbe able to add the roles as they can not be searched for without an active registration.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.