We have a new Advancement Chair (Pack unit type), and I want to map out the Scoutbook flow of advancement for them. I went looking for the old help pages/user guides, but couldn’t find a link to them anywhere. Are they still out there?
I may or may not have this flow correct, so please let me know if I missed anything, or if anything is wrong.
- Parents/Den Leaders enter as “Completed”.
- Unit Leader (hopefully Den Leader) marks as “Approved”.
- Award appears on the “Needs Purchasing Report”.
- Purchase Order is created.
- Once awards are purchased, the Purchase Order is closed.
- When the award is presented to the Scout, it is marked “Awarded”.
- When the Purchase Order is closed, does this effectively remove the award from future “Needs Purchasing Reports”?
- Is there a way to run a “Needs Awarding Report” that does not include items that have not been purchased? I understand the idea that unpurchased items need to be awarded, but since they haven’t been purchased, they aren’t available to be awarded.
- Is there any way to generate these reports by Den? I am both a Den Leader and a Pack Admin. When I run all of the award reports, they all come up as Pack-wide.