Another user using my email warning?

I’m getting a message on my dashboard - “warning, another user is using the same e-mail address. If this is unexpected, contact your local council or post to the Using Scoutbook Forum.”

Your e-mail address is on your children’s accounts. It is best to change these yourself so that all the systems get updated.

Your child with first initial M has an ID of . Your child with first initial E uses an e-mail address that starts with e.

After logging in to Scoutbook, navigate to My Account → Edit Profile to change the e-mail address.

Got another one. From what I can see, I think that scout, BSA# 13379082, has the same email as parent, BSA# 126817612. What is the best way to update the scout account with their unique email address? Scout already has a my.scouting account (but forgot password), and if you just clear the scout’s email, then i’m afraid that they cannot recover their password.

@JillBarr

The Scout can use the Betty Bot on my.scouting.org to try and reset the PW. If that doesn’t work the council can reset the PW.

Once the Scout can log in the SB, the best way to change the e-mail address is to use Edit Profile.

yeah, already tried Betty… I’ll call council. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.