Application Manager - multiple errors

If it bypasses the process why would they still be sitting there pending acceptance? The overnight sync did not fix the issue. I’m still receiving the same errors.

There are four different ways that transfers can be processed electronically:
Initiated by parent in my.scouting
Initiated by parent in beascout
Initiated by former unit in my.scouting
Initiated by new unit in my.scouting (or scoutbook)

The first three require approval by new unit key 3. The 4th does not because it was initiated by the new unit.

So I (new unit) did the last “Initiated by new unit in my.scouting” yet they are still appearing in the application manager pending acceptance…I wonder if the Pack also initiated a transfer before mine went through (e.g. two transfers occurring for the same scouts). Anyone experience this possibility and know if that would create these errors?

It’s possible that both occurred. Unfortunately, there’s no good way to clear them yourself if that’s the case. Could you confirm that they appear on your my.scouting roster?

They are both on the troop’s my.scouting roster and Scoutbook roster.

Then, I think that’s it. You can see if your DE is able to cancel them since they’ve already processed.

Sounds good. Thanks to everyone for their help trying to get this resolved. I appreciate it.

It would be good if they would update the error to say”person already exists” instead position exceeded. Ugh.

2 Likes

What is a DE? I have 3 girls that were transferred by their pack and they are on my roster, in scootbook and linked with internet advancement already. But I cannot accept them to make the notification go away. I keep getting the position limit has been exceeded error as well.

District executive - BSA local employee that helps with these types of request. The Registrar may be able to help too.

For anyone else in this situation - I was able to work with both my council registrar and my district executive - they could not resolve the issue itself; however, since the scouts were showing up in both the roster and on the application manager, the council staff deleted the records stuck in the application manager. This deleted the records from the application manager but did not impact the records already showing up on our roster.

Basically, we don’t know the cause for certain but found a solution that worked in my situation. Hopefully, it will help in yours as well.

1 Like