Arrow of Light not in Scout's profile

I have at least 3 Scouts who were in a Pack using Scoutbook and I know for a fact earned the Arrow of Light because I attended their bridging ceremony. Question is who do I need to talk to at our Council to get this added to Scoutbook?

1 Like

You would talk to registrar and Cub Master probably.

Try running the Cub Scout History report for one of the scouts

1 Like

You can also use the Export / Backup → Scout Advancement csv file, and open the file up in a spreadsheet and turn filters on. You should be able to see all of their Cub Scout advancements.

1 Like

It is possible that the scouts were transferred from the Pack to the Troop before their award was entered properly (maybe it was marked Completed but not Approved). If so, someone from the Pack who is still connected to them can go in through My Connections → Select (Scout) → (Scout)'s Membership and remove the end date for their Cub membership. That will allow the award to be recorded by the Pack, after which the end date can be added back in to remove them from the Pack again (but be sure to wait a couple of days to give it time for the advancement to sync first).

Also note that it is possible for Scouts who were in an Arrow of Light den to cross over without actually completing all of the requirements for the AOL badge itself, so be sure to confirm they really did finish everything, especially if you are going to reach out to your council’s registrar.

1 Like

I know he got AOL because I was actually at the bridging ceremony where he was awarded it. His pack ending date is about a month after his AOL award date and the others who bridged with him are all showing it on their profile.

Since there is no one with his Pack who is still able to access his account, I’ve called our Council and given it to them to see if they can help.

1 Like

If you are in contact with the pack’s Cubmaster, you can add the Cubmaster or Webelos Den Leader as a connection with Full Control permissions.

Then you can temporarily put a Date Ended on the troop membership in Scoutbook, stay on the Scout’s Membership page, and temporarily remove the Date Ended with the Webelos den. The Cubmaster can then re-approve the Scout’s Membership and correct the missing Arrow of Light rank. Once the AOL rank is marked as Completed and Approved, they can put a Date Ended on the Scout’s Membership with the pack, and remove the Date Ended on the membership with the troop.

1 Like

The other possible cause is that they registered the scout as a new scout instead of a transfer. Check the Cub Scout history report to see if any Cub Scout awards are recorded.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.