I was informed by one of my unit commissioners that a few of his assigned units were no longer showing on the app. When I checked in Commissioner Tools at my.scouting.org, I confirmed what they reported, and also found that some of the unit assignments have been removed for other unit commissioners as well. All of the units are chartered through 2021 and are in the system. So far, the units whose assignments were removed appear to all be Packs; however, it has not affected all Packs.
Update: I identified the source of the issue. All of the missing unit assignments were for units whose charter renewals were not posted within 60 days after their charter expiration date.
Problem resolution: I manually re-assigned those units to the commissioners who serve them.
Sadly avoidable “extra” work.