Award accidentally recorded

A number of scouts were accidentally recorded as having completed an award. I have no recollection of ever marking it complete. As a result, it shows that I can purchase their awards on IA. How do I go about removing the award from Scoutbook?

1. Click on the box next to where it says “Completed”
  2. Remove the checkmark next to “Approved / Recorded”
  3. Remove the Date Earned.
  4. Save.

I did this for scout rank advancement when I remove the checkmark and the date, an error message comes up saying the approved box can’t be checked without a date. In other words it will not let me rescind the rank. Your solution isn’t working for that.

You could try removing the approval checkbox and saving first. Then go back in to remove the date.

I can’t even remove the blue check mark. When I click on it, I get the pop up asking for the date. When I try to remove the date, I get an error message.

Looking below at the individual requirements, are they all marked complete?

Kristina,

What is your position in the unit? Since you do not have a Leader Approved check box, Scoutbook does not believe you are a leader in the unit.

When I check on the approval checkbox it takes me straight to the date screen without unchecking the box.

I am the achievement coordinator for the troop. Do I need to be identified as a leader in the unit on Scoutbook? This shows that I approved the award. Is this approval different from a leader approval?Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 2.27.03 PM
If so, I can ask the person who handles the permissions in the troop to make me a leader.

You should be listed as the Advancement Chair on the troop roster in Scoutbook and have at least an edit advancement connection to all of the Scouts.

Kristina,

It looks like you have 2 Scoutbook accounts. One has leader positions, the other does not. Make sure you are logging in with your my.scouting.org ID and password to be connected to the correct account.

Kiristina,

I have fixed your primary Scoutbook account so that it has your e-mail address and connection to your son. I have deleted the duplicate account that did not have your BSA Member ID, date of birth or positions. Log in to Scoutbook with your my.scouting.org ID and password and everything should work properly.

Thanks for resolving the issue. I was able to remove the award.

• I noticed that my son’s profile is listed twice on my dashboard.
  • When I click on his name, my parent name is listed twice.

Is it possible to remove the redundancy?

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 4.14.25 PM

@Kristina Have a Troop Admin of your son’s troop reset your parent connection by doing this:

1. Go to your son’s Troop Roster page in Scoutbook
  2. Click on your son’s name.
  3. Click on your name as Parent/Guardian
  4. Make sure the Parent/Guardian box is checked
  5. Make sure the Adult Leader box is checked (if applicable)
  6. Click Update.

Then you log out of Scoutbook, and log back in. This should reset your parent connection to your son.
See if this fixes your issue.

not all. I unchecked the scoutmaster conference box

Some times the removal needs to come from the person who did the approval. I recently had this happen to me with merit badges where the Scoutmaster approved what actually was a communication between the Scout and I of what requirements I thought they had completed, yet and the Scout and I had not had the final conversation to ensure my thoughts was the Scout doing the merit badge requirement ‘as stated’.

An email to the Scoutmaster removed his approval and they are now aware to wait until i have completely signed off the merit badge as completed instead of the requirements for the merit badge.