Removing a rank from scout book?

A scout was credited for earning a rank along with the rest of their den but they did not complete everything. I am the admin. How do i remove the rank that currently shows “earned”? I’ve tried just clicking on the check mark of “earned” but it only allows me to input the date earned and save. No options for removing.
thanks,
Carl

@CarlRich - have you tried removing the date as well as the earned check then saving ? You would also need to remove the earned dates from any adventure not earned as well

When I hover over it, it says “this rank has been earned”. I click on the check mark which one might think would remove the check mark but instead it brings up the screen where you can input the date and check mark if approved or awarded.
I can’t uncheck the check mark and even though I leave approved and earned blank and click save it changes nothing.

@CarlRich - I would start with the un-earned adventure(s) then that should reduce the earned percent down to an incomplete. Remove items not completed in the adventures.

1. Click on the checkbox next to where it says “Earned”.
  2. Remove the checks next to “Approved / Recorded” and “Awarded”, as applicable.
  3. Save.
  4. Repeat step 1 and remove the “Date earned”.
  5. Save.

This should work unless the rank is auto-completing (because all underlying requirements have been completed).

What’s worked for me in the past is to clear the Leader Approved checkmark in Scoutbook for the overall badge, then save. Then, go back in to the overall badge dialog and remove the date completed. Then save again. Then, go to the individual requirement(s) that were not actually completed, and follow the same process to remove the Leader Approval and dates from those.

Jennifer nailed it! I had not tried to delete the date it was earned. Doing this solved it without removing all the achievements the scout actually did earn. It dropped it back to 88% earned as one item had not yet been completed.
THANK YOU!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.