Be a scout unit pin address is correct but pin coordinates are not

Per the Pin Data Report:

Territory Name: Service Territory 07
Council Name: Sam Houston Area Council 576
District Name: Iron Horse 32
Unit Name: Pack 0346, Metzler Elementary PTO (F)
Unit BeAScout Address: 8500 W Rayford Rd
City: Spring
State: TX
Zipcode: 77389
Latitude: 30.1287829000
Longitude: -95.5225659000

Everything is correct except the coordinates which point to the middle of the road a couple miles away.

Can someone update our unit pin coordinates to:

Latitude: 30.1148734563481
Longitude: -95.5505269704986

Thank you in advance.

@AllenHolmes

You will need to contact your Council and ask them to open a ticket on your behalf.

1 Like

Screen Shot 2023-10-10 at 8.34.49 AM

Has a Key 3 tried the Edit under Unit Meeting Address?

1 Like

I am the COR and tried that. If I change the address to my home address, the preview pin seems to be in the correct location.

As soon as I put it back to the School Address, it goes off the bananas again. I read on the forum that some years ago, the pin coordinates had been truncated and messed a lot of locations up. Everyone seemed to get it resolved by creating support tickets. Now, we can’t create support tickets directly, so I thought this was the way to go.

The only solution I could come up with was to change the unit address from 8500 to 8500.5 to trigger adjacent coordinates. I suppose I will try Area Council first.

@edavignon @DonovanMcNeil

It just dawned on me to try typing “Metzler Elementary School” as the required Line 1 address and then put the actual address as line two. Sure enough the Unit Pin Report now shows the correct coordinates.

I appreciate the responses. Sometimes just talking through the problem reveals a possible solution!

Thanks for sharing the workaround.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.