Best way to view YPT training?

@StaceyLevine1 - this appears to be from the Troop Committee Training and this is what I see on that very same section:

Says SCO473 in the browserā€™s URL address bar in this post.

Similar problem. Working on a Macbook Pro (2020) with iOS 10.15, Frame is just too small for the video. Captions are invisible most of the time, which is problematic as Iā€™m trying to do this at the same table where my kids do their homework. Have tried resizing screen, reloading frame, zooming in and out. Nothing seems to fix it so farā€¦

I will say, now that I think about it, considering that this makes it impossible to watch the captions it is more than an ā€œinconvenienceā€. While there may not be a lot of hearing-impaired Scout leaders, Iā€™m sure there are some, and this problem makes it impossible for them to properly fulfill YPT.

@AnthonyPescosolido - as a hearing impaired scouter who recently took the YPT training I had zero issues.

@AnthonyPescosolido Are you using Chrome? Or Safari?

Jennifer I am using Chrome version 95.0

Stephen, I am truly glad to know that these issues didnā€™t impact your learning. Did you have any issues with the frame and video sizing at all? In my case, I see the captions for the speakers in the video when the captions appear at the top of the screen. However, for me, this only happens roughly 25% of the time. It is very difficult.

@AnthonyPescosolido - it all about window scale. The child window needs to be scaled at less than 110 or 100 % once you establish a working scale it is easy peazy

Using Chrome/Windows 10, if the browser window isnā€™t full screen, there is a scroll bar on the right that will allow you to see all of the siteā€™s content. Iā€™m a software engineer by trade, and I can tell you this is simply a poor implementation for the site. Maybe they should outsource this to Udemy??

This is still not working properly. I tried multiple browsers and was not able to view the full frame of the video.

Doing YPT in September 2022. Having the same problem originally described above. They should have been able to fix this problem???

@RonaldBlaisdell I assume this hasnā€™t changed.

The recommendations are the same. Make sure you are not using more than 100% magnification on your phone or browser.

1 Like

On Safari, if you open the video in a new tab, although you may get an error message or two, it will, indeed, put the video in its own tab and the entire screen fitsā€¦finally!