YPT module problem

I know this doesn’t belong here, but who can i contact about a glitch in the YPT training module. About 1/4 of the image is cut off at the bottom (in 2 different browsers), and the resume feature is broken.

Post what Browser Version you are using and what Operating System. Also posting screenshots helps.
@RonaldBlaisdell

Firefox (latest) and Win10. To make sure it wasn’t a browser issue I tried it in Edge with same result. I could just barely see the top of the “continue” button when it appeared.

Due to a glitch, I didn’t complete the 2nd module. When I went back in the completion thermometer showed 90% complete. Clicking on “Resume” the module would only start back at the beginning and the toc showed no completions.

@PeterTownsend - that looks like a window size/zoom-scale issue.

2 Likes

I believe @Stephen_Hornak is correct. I tried to find the thread it was in but could not.

Basically you need to resize the window or zoom out until you can see the whole thing.

Ensure your browser zoom is not set above 100%.

I am having the same issue. I cannot see the “button” to start the scenario videos in module 2. I was able to get the David scenario to play, but can’t get the Charlie one. Can’t get a complete on YPT without it, and it expires end of the month. Not a zoom issue, had my tech son check that. Using Win 10 and Chrome.

Did you verify that your Windows display scaling is not set above 100%?

Scroll down to the “Workaround” section, which talks about how to adjust display scaling.

While you are in a window where you can’t see the other buttons try to hit Tab before Clicking, then next time hit Tab twice before Clicking. In some systems hitting Tab will move the focus from the default button to the next button (that you can’t see), then you can click it.
Pete
Another problem first reported 2 years ago and still not fixed.

Yes, my son is a tech and he did all that, didn’t change a thing. If this
is an ongoing issue/problem, (and in skimming forums this morning I see
that it is/has been, with more than YPT), then maybe the IT department
could either change the training modules or prominently display the
fix/workaround so that volunteers can get their training done in a timely
manner. “Every scout deserves a trained leader”-then the training modules
ought to work as they should.

I did get to complete my training today, but don’t ask me how. All I did
was keep clicking in random places after watching the same segment more
than a dozen times until it finally gave me the next one.

Charley Hamilton [1] CharleyHamilton
March 8

Did you verify that your Windows display scaling is not set above 100%?

support.microsoft.com [2]

Discusses Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices. Provides
resolutions and workarounds for various scenarios.

Scroll down to the “Workaround” section, which talks about how to
adjust display scaling.

Visit Topic [3] or reply to this email to respond.

IN REPLY TO

Shannon Fry [4] ShannonFry
March 8

I am having the same issue. I cannot see the “button” to start the
scenario videos in module 2. I was able to get the David scenario to
play, but can’t get the Charlie one. Can’t get a complete on YPT
without it, and it expires end of the month. Not a zoom issue, had my
tech son check that. Using Wi…

Visit Topic [5] or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here [6].

Links:

[1] https://discussions.scouting.org/u/charleyhamilton
[2]

[3] YPT module problem - #8 by CharleyHamilton
[4] https://discussions.scouting.org/u/shannonfry
[5] YPT module problem - #8 by CharleyHamilton
[6]

https://discussions.scouting.org/email/unsubscribe/9eab265b8437c3fd8f434a94a2de758d54e762752aee41f362a0112f75b71277

There’s no debate that making the training accessible for folks who need to take it, without requiring computer gymnastics, is critical to ensuring training happens. Part of that involves checking to see if folks have verified that the error-avoidance steps/workarounds have been tried. If display scaling is 70% of the problem and browser compatibility is another 20% (just throwing numbers out for the sake of discussion), then developers are chasing a “10% problem”. If only 50% of the folks’ issues are resolved by those two adjustments, then the severity of the problem is much higher, and can potentially get greater a proportion of the available resources.

It’s just confusing for all concerned, since the behavior is so inconsistent. Some of us have little to no problems taking the training on various browsers and platforms. For example, I just reupped my YPT last week using Firefox on a Win10 Surface with 200% scaling (both of which should cause issues) and saw all of the buttons just fine and everything ran to completion. Other folks have nothing but problems, even when using the recommended browsers and fussing with scaling.

The inconsistency makes it difficult for the developers to identify what’s wrong, and just banging away hoping to accidentally squash the bug is more likely to break stuff than fix things. Is there some plugin that’s causing issues? An incompatibility with the rendering engine? A graphics card driver/settings problem? There are so many potential variables between different machines, beyond the OS/browser variation, that hoping to hit the issue just by developer-side testing is unlikely without enough information to identify a likely target.

Yes, the problem doesn’t affect everyone, but if you read back along the thread, this problem is not inconsistent. It is not a problem with user scaling (all the steps/workarounds have been tried), it is a problem with the source design. Many people (myself included) have web development tech background and have given all the user technical environment info. If those text windows had a vertical scroll enabled the problem would go away. I don’t know what else to say.

1 Like

A new version of the sexual abuse module will be available tomorrow. For some reason the scenario interaction is not working for everyone - we are unable to duplicate but changing design to hopefully alleviate this particular issue.

2 Likes