YPT Training

Anyone else having issues with the YPT training on my.scouting.org? In the Sexual Abuse V2 course module, it’s in a frame that is too small to view the entire video/presentation; it’s cropped at the bottom, with no option to scroll up or down. And towards the end when it gets to “Scenarios”, I can’t click either of the videos to proceed; and therefore can’t complete the course.

Any ideas or advice?

Hardware: Laptop running Windows 10 (I’ve tried it on multiple laptops)
Browser: Chrome. (I’ve tried Firefox, and was able to view only that frame and watch the videos, but at the end when it asks to click the “close” button, there is no close button because that’s in a different frame, and that button doesn’t pop up.)
Council: Greater Hudson Valley Council, Rockland District

(If you are reporting an issue with My.Scouting, please include all of the following items so we can better assist you:
1) Hardware: Desktop or Mobile (if mobile, please be specific)
2) Operating system
3) Browser
4) Browser cache has been cleared or you are using a private browsing mode (aka Incognito Window in Chrome)
5) Member ID & Council of person affected
Thank you!)

Often the text in your browser is not set yo 100% when this occurs @JamesFeldman

@JamesFeldman - this a local pc setting issue

I wish it was a local PC setting issue, but it’s not. Browser view is at 100%.

Any other ideas?

1 Like

Try reducing it below 100% and see if the labels appear.

@JamesFeldman - having recently taken YPT I had no issues with any of the modules. It is local scale.

Tried that. It doesn’t.

@RonaldBlaisdell

Please pass this on to the training folks. Changing the zoom level in the browser did not fix James’s issue.

I called my local council yesterday and they said it was a national concern.

What browser were you using?

I use Firefox and dual 24" flat panels.

Hmmm… I tried on Firefox as well, was able to pop out the frame, but then couldn’t see the close button in the other frames.

I’ll give it another try. It’ll be about the 5th or 6th time watching this module.

An update:

I connected a larger monitor to my laptop - one that had a larger resolution than my laptop screen - ran the module on that screen and was able to see the videos, the ‘close’ button, and complete the course (thankfully).

If you have a laptop with a small screen, and are able to connect to a larger monitor, do that if you are having trouble. Don’t cast the screen to another monitor; that’s just casting it at it’s current resolution. You need to use a larger screen with a larger resolution. Of it you know how, change the resolution on your laptop screen.

If possible, the website needs to be adjusted to automatically detect monitor resolution.

1 Like

@JamesFeldman - well there you have it. I have my panels at 1920x1080. I am not sure though if VOD has that kind of intelligence built in.

That’s what mine is set to as well, but connecting it to a different monitor with a different resolution helped.

Hey whatever works!

@JamesFeldman - exactly… and thanks for the effort :slight_smile:

@Stephen_Hornak and @JamesFeldman and @edavignon - I have a guess on some of the issues and why some see it and some don’t. As the DPI of monitors has gone up, windows does an additional scaling in addition to the resolution and the “scale” within the web browser.

I wonder if the “controls” for the video / training isn’t scaling and is super tiny or the frame around the video is off screen.

Just wondering with an ah ha moment of something to think about. This would explain why some are having issues vs. others.

1 Like

@Matt.Johnson - that is a valid point and you may be on to something there.

1 Like

Yes… a very good point. I didn’t think of that. Taking a look, the scale on my laptop is at 150%. The other laptop is 125%. The scale of the monitor is 100%.

1 Like

@JamesFeldman - well, i think we may have found a root cause. I have my panels at 100… and I know that when I image a pc at work I have to check because win10 wants to be at 125 or 150… which to me is impractical

1 Like