Bug in Record of Changes report?

In the past, I’ve pulled the Record of Changes report from my.scouting periodically as we keep track of the Date Joined for our new scouts to predict future recruiting volume. I last pulled it in October 2021 and it had all of our new scouts, their Date Joined, etc. It also had our Dropped scouts and their Date Dropped, which was fine (though I don’t need the Dropped scouts info).

When I re-ran the report today using 1/1/2021 through 3/3/2022 as the date selection, it’s showing:

• All of the Dropped scouts (fine, but not useful for my purposes)
  • Only two new scouts (one had a join date of 1/15/22 and the other had a join date of 1/23/22). However, we have added at least 7 scouts since January 1 2022 and they are not showing up. Further, we added more than 20 scouts in 2021 and none of them are showing up on the report.

So I think something is broken with the Record of Changes report. I tried searching the past forum posts and read through the last few Release Notes to see if this was an intentional change of some kind but I came up empty.

Thanks!

–Paul Lanzi

(If you are reporting an issue with My.Scouting, please include all of the following items so we can better assist you:
1) Hardware: Desktop or Mobile (if mobile, please be specific) - Desktop
2) Operating system - Windows 10
3) Browser - Chrome (latest)
4) Browser cache has been cleared or you are using a private browsing mode (aka Incognito Window in Chrome) - Affirmative
5) Member ID & Council of person affected - Council = Golden Gate Area Council 023, Unit = Pack 0345
Thank you!)

^ topic bump for awareness - problem continues

I am seeing the same thing. I’m trying to identify all scouts that joined this year and report builder, roster builder, and scoutbook export Scout info all are missing joined dates.

The data does exist in Scoutbook under the membership history. It’s a very tedious workaround.

^ report still appears to be broken – bumping for visibility

@PaulLanzi could you please provide some additional information.

1. Which district is Pack 0345 in?
  2. What is your registered position in the pack? (You can check this in the myScouting app or at https://my.scouting.org/ )
  3. Do you know what the current status of the unit charter is?

myScouting Tools website is a portal to several tools. Are the new Scouts showing on the roster list generated by the myScouting tool?

My understanding is that the Akela membership database is not managed on Scoutbook.

2022-06-02-B

I think this report is still broken. Pulling the Record of Changes report shows:

• All Dropped Scouts
  • A few (but not all) of the New scouts (seems like: only scouts that are New since 1/1/2023)

I set the date filters to 1/1/2016 through 2/25/2023 (today).

It should be showing:

• All Dropped Scouts (which it does)
  • All New Scouts since the start of the date filter (which it does not)

To answer the questions from above:
Pack 345 is in the Golden Gate District (GGD) of the Golden Gate Area Council (GGAC)
My registered position in the pack is Committee Chair
The unit charter status is Posted/Current through 12/31/2023

My understanding is that the Akela membership database is not managed on Scoutbook.

I’m not asking about the Akela membership database – this is all about Scout registration dates (not Akelas and not Scouters/Adult Leaders).

Thanks,

–Paul

@PaulLanzi I would recommend that you ask your local council to open a help ticket on your behalf with National.

When submitting your request to your local council, try to be as specific as you can:

Your name.
Your BSA member ID number
Your registered position and any functional roles (Key 3 Delegate, etc.)
The unit and unit number.
Include the steps on how you access the report.
The full name of the report.
Attach the pdf version of the report.
Exactly what is missing from the report (names and BSA ID numbers of missing Scouts).
etc.