Calendar Requests

When a Calendar event is created, there is place to show who scheduled or edited the event. This would be helpful if the person creating the event does not remember to leave their contact info.

1 Like

Not automatically, but there’s no reason you couldn’t put that info in the notes section of the event.

This would be great feature and save the admin from having to explain it every time, thus a New Scout Feature Request.

I would also like to request a way to have an RSVP deadline. We have a hard time making sure there are enough seats when people sign up at the last minute.

And rather than just a Boolean RSVP, add two numerics as well. Number of non-scout adults and number of non-scout children. A use cases is if a parent, grandparent, brother, sister, etc., want to attend a unit picnic, the coordinator would like to know how many mouths to feed. If just the scout, or if one parent is a scouter, check the RSVP field, it doesn’t show that Mom, little sis, Uncle Bob, Grandma and Grandpa, are planning to attend as well.

1 Like

This is on the requested feature list for the calendar update. At this time we do not know when it will be scheduled or what is on the final feature list.

This is on the requested feature list for the calendar update. At this time we do not know when it will be scheduled or what is on the final feature list.

When creating a calendar event you enter which level (den, Pack, etc.) the event is for, what type of event (Pack Meeting, Recruitment, Camping, etc.) and the name of the event. However when the notification is sent, the type of event is not listed. I had never really noticed this until parents started telling me that they didn’t know when an event was our official Pack Meeting or just an optional event. This was particularly problematic when our Meeting was an outing and parents didn’t show, not realizing it was a Pack Meeting. I’ve since started adding “Pack Meeting: xxx” to all of my events. Is this something that could be updated whenever the next calendar update goes? It is information already stored within the event creator, just recommend that it be included in the notification.
Thanks.