Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Can’t subscribe to den/pack calendar ios

Been trying to subscribe to my pack and den calendar by copying the .ics link from scoutbook and adding it to the subscribed calendar feature under settings/calendars/other/subscribed calendar on an iPhone. I first get an “Cannot connect using SSL” error, then choose the option to try without ssl. I then get an error saying “unable to verify account information”. If I paste the link into safari, which should prompt the calendar subscription I get a 502 bad gateway error.

Any ideas? Hasn’t been a problem before with same pack and same devices.

This is the format of the link for our den calendar with numbers represented by asterisks.
https://sbcalendar.scouting.org/dens/******.ics

How are you accessing the URL? That doesn’t look right? It should be more like http://www.scoutbook.com/ics/xxxxx.xxxx.ics

Go to you calendar in scoutbook.com and click subscribe. That’ll bring up the link to copy.

1 Like

If you have problems with @jacobfetzer’s process, you can also subscribe to the Scoutbook calendars using whatever desktop calendar application you have that syncs to your iOS device (that’s how I do it, since we use Google Suite for our family calendaring).

@ScottCrowder1 - where did sbcalendar.scouting.org originate from ? All of the unit calendars should originate from scoutbook.com

1 Like

I was able to subscribe through scoutbook and subscribing to the calendar feed. The link I provided was copied from within the scoutbook den leader app. Those links worked last year. But the format definitely isn’t right.

@ScottCrowder1 - then obviously not a scoutbook bug. This should be moved to the DLE topic.

@ScottCrowder1 - Will you please provide your memberID and which den you encountered this issue?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.