Can't access "My Positions" in Scoutbook

I’ve been getting the “Whoops! We encountered an error trying to process your request.
Our webmaster has been notified and will fix it ASAP!” error message when clicking on “My Positions” from My Account for the past week

Have you tried a force refresh (Ctrl+R)? Sometimes I get weird errors that stick, and I have to force a reload of the page.

Occasionally, I’ll see “sticky” errors if I have a plugin causing issues. Have you also tried an Incognito/private browsing window?

Thanks for the suggestions! I tried them, but it’s still happening.

You have a number of unapproved positions - UC, ASM, Nova - Have admin approve the UC and ASM to see if it helps

1 Like

My positions have been approved by an admin now, and they show on the troop roster, but I still get the same error when trying to go to “My Positions”

@JustinPettit you had 3 positions that looked messed up - so I ended them in SB - try again

Still getting the same thing. I also tried Ctrl-R and incognito mode and got the same thing that way too

I just thought of something. Earlier you had mentioned Nova Counselor as unapproved. When I first became a Nova Counselor, I had added that as a unit position, but I don’t think an admin ever approved it. Now it’s no longer a unit position, but listed similar to MBC. When I go to view MBCs in my area, I can see myself listed there, but when I search for Nova Counselors and SuperNova Mentors, I don’t show up. Could that be related?

@JustinPettit could be try now

It worked! As far as getting put back in for Nova Counselor, should I reach out to my council for that?

I set up a sync to bring it in already

Thank you so much for your help!

Yes. Those became council managed not too far back.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.