Can't award Eagle Palms [2024] concurrent with Eagle EBOR from 12/5/2023

I have a scout who earned Eagle on 12/5/2023. He also concurrently earned two Eagle Palms. I am trying to award the Palms in scoutbook today (after the palms have switched to the 2024 version of requirements). When I enter the earned date same as the EBOR 12/5/2023, I get an error that “Palms must be earned in order. This palm cannot be earned before the last palm is earned.” I get this error even on the first Bronze palm.

I suspect this is a programming bug with the new requirements. There doesn’t seem to be a way to switch back to the 2017 requirements. No Quick Entry for Palms. Internet Advancement shows a partially complete 2017 Bronze palm and a complete 2024 Bronze Palm. Same for the Silver. Could this be the issue?

@NikolaiNorausky

Please post the Scout’s MID (no names) and we will investigate.

where is the second screenshot from?

Scout’s MID 127611360.

There were three screenshots: Eagle BOR date, the Error message from Scoutbook, and the view in Internet Advancement, under the Awards section.

@NikolaiNorausky I cannot reproduce this - I can setup a screenshare to take a look

@DonovanMcNeil Yes please! How do we go about doing that?

We just need to figure out a time - I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green dot with a number 1 > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)

Ok, I am free after 11am PT today

@NikolaiNorausky look for the private message - click the Green circle N on top right of screen

@DonovanMcNeil did you figure out if this is a bug or if there is a work-around? I’m getting the same error when I try to approve palms earned with Eagle rank earned in 2023.

@MelissaRoder what is the bsa# of the scout?

@DonovanMcNeil

The work around would be to have council enter them for now

Having the same issue/error message. Multiple scouts. Still need to contact council?

Same issue here. Eagle BOR is Dec 2023, can’t update Scoutbook for the Palms earned concurrently.

This is being investigated

I had the same issue in 2022 while trying to award 3 palms along with an Eagle. I just printed out advancement forms and turned in paper to the council. I assumed it was just not updated / working right.

@DonovanMcNeil Thank you for investigating! I am having the same issue. :confused:

I am having the same issue. I am having to try to get Council to input for now. Thank you for working on this.

Yes this is a VERY ANNOYING one - SUAC and BSA IT do test thoroughly before release - we did not see this issue and SUAC has not been able to reproduce