Can't create repeating events in new calendar

At the top of the calendar there is a filter. In the filter is a BOYS calendar and a PARENT calendar. The PARENT calendar is empty, and there does not appear to be a way to add anything to this mystery calendar.

Thanks, Donovan.

I wasn’t sure if they were implemented as linked instances of an object, so to speak, or as a single object with multiple dates of occurrence. The former seemed easier to code and support in the long run (to me, at least). However, there are so many things about the UI/UX in IA2 that drive me batty, I wouldn’t be the least surprised to find that my programming preferences (aside from just being old) are entirely skew to those of the developers actually doing the work. :^)

All calendar views (month/week/grid/list) show the wrong calendar label for sub-unit calendar entries.

Missing distinguishing color for sub-unit calendars.

1 Like

Missing comments section, so parents have no way to ask questions about an event. There is no way to gather “other” RSVPs for headcounts.

SERIOUS BUG:
As a parent, I can RSVP yes/no for my son on ANY event with RSVPs, even if he wasn’t invited.

That ends up adding him to the attendee list!

Scouts cannot access calendar. Gives an error saying they cannot access the API, and then the calendar is empty.

Scouts with ‘Calendar Editor’ position cannot create events.

They also cannot add attendees.

Noted @JoeMcKinley - And thanks - the few of us test alot but hard to think it all through - keep them coming

The RSVP being on the ‘grid’ view is awesome! Please add it to the ‘list’ view too!

Even better would be a component that let you RSVP for multiple family members!

We could get a lot more parents to RSVP for things if they could RSVP for all upcoming events for their whole family in one screen.

An RSVP that has already happened should say “Confirmed” or “Declined”

It would be really, really great if the default RSVP was “Declined”.

If that doesn’t sit well with people…then change “Maybe” to “No Response”.

There should be no confirmation dialog on an RSVP toggle. It should be a one click operation.

On the Event Details page, there are no labels anywhere indicating how/where to RSVP.

It is not intuitive how to navigate to RSVP for your kids. I.e., you have to know to expand connected attendees.

Wishlist: A parent should have a flag in their profile that they can set which says “Let other parent of my scout(s) RSVP for me.”

When this is set, that parent will show up in the connected attendees list (assuming they were invited) so that one parent can RSVP for the WHOLE family.

Most families only have one parent who will come into Scoutbook…so it would be nice to let them be able to set RSVPs for everyone.

When you open the activity logs when editing an event, the Service Name should be prefilled with the event name it is associated with.

Need an MID of the youth that has calendar editor position. That should be working.

Can you provide a snippet of a photo? I don’t understand this one.

This is a patrol event on a patrol calendar.

It isn’t on the troop calendar.

https://scoutbook.scouting.org/mobile/dashboard/admin/account.asp?ScoutFamUserID=55426