Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Can't enable "Allow Adult Applications" on one of my units

I am an adult leader in a B and G troop and a crew.

Organization Manager has this checkbox: Allow Adult Applications. For both troops, this is checked. For the crew, it was checked at one time, as I have five completed adult applications.

Currently, the box is unchecked for the crew. I have no memory of every un-checking it. I want adults to apply online.

If I check the box and hit the Save button, the box immediately un-checks, and I get this Invalid Request notice:

How can I get his box re-checked?

I can reproduce the problem in both Chrome and Edge. Edge has no plugins installed.

In case it matters, the actual units, all of which are in Circle Ten Council (571):

• Troop 861B
  • Troop 861G
  • Crew 863 (where I am getting the problem)

I accidentally figured it out. It turns out that leaving the Fee Amount field blank is not allowed (see below). Once I entered a 0 in there, I was also able to check the Allow Adult Applications box and successfully save.

This is a needed UI fix. If an input requires an entry in a field and I failed to do so, the UI needs to inform me of that requirement, which field an entry is required on, and provide a notice that is near the field and does not disappear within a few of seconds. A small modal dialog, which disappears in seconds and is located nowhere near the field in concern, and which only says Invalid Entry, gives me a sad.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.