Cit. in Society as a Rank Requirment

I’ve tried searching the forums before asking cause I am sure I am not first but I can’t seem to find anything so I apologize if I’ve missed something in advance.

I had a couple scouts come up to me last night that are going to need to cit. in society badge. They were looking at what badges they have left for Eagle and currently in scoutbook it shows all 4 Cit. MBs as being required. We’re pretty sure we read that Cit. in Society is required and then 2 of the remaining 3 are required.

Is this still true and will scoutbook be updated to reflect that requirement? Or are all 4 Cit. MBs required?

Again, I apologize if this has already been asked I swear I searched before posting.

@banning - It is required as of the July 1 date… if they will be finished before that you will see a note on their eagle rank page with instructions.

2 Likes

oh yea, good call…

I am remembering what I read right though about Cit. in Society being required and then 2 of the remaining 3? The scouts are asking cause some of them already have 2 of the remaining 3 and are wanting to know if they need to do the 3rd one. None of them will be Eagles before July 1st

After July 1 all four Citizenships are required if not all Eagle Requirements are done - except EBOR and Application - there will be 14 Eagle Required slots at that point

1 Like

Eagle required badges after July 1:

Earn a total of 21 merit badges (10 more than required for the Life rank), including these 14 merit badges: (a) First Aid, (b) Citizenship in the Community, (c) Citizenship in the Nation, (d) Citizenship in Society, (e) Citizenship in the World, (f) Communication, (g) Cooking, (h) Personal Fitness, (i) Emergency Preparedness OR Lifesaving, (j) Environmental Science OR Sustainability, (k) Personal Management, (l) Swimming OR Hiking OR Cycling, (m) Camping, and (m) Family Life You must choose only one of the merit badges listed in categories i, j, and l Any additional merit badge(s) earned in those categories may be counted as one of your seven optional merit badges used to make your total of 21

2 Likes

ok cool, so all 4 will be required… thank you :slight_smile: sorry this ended up being more than just a scoutbook question. I appreciate everyones help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.