Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

"Contact the adult leader with any questions"

On the auto-generated Activity Consent Forms, there is a set of fields for adult leader information. These should be pre-filled with the Scoutmaster/Cubmaster’s information.

The unit leader might not be the event leader/point of contact, though. I agree that there should be a way to designate the event leader and have that info input to the forms.

2 Likes

I agree! I just looked at the form details recently and was like “oh! we haven’t been filling this out”. One should be able to check a box that uses a leader that has been set as the trips designated leader.

True, but I am just asking for the minimum, that could be implemented with almost no effort. Adding a feature to choose the event leader would take time and programming effort. And while the unit leader may not always be the best contact person, he should always be a valid contact person for any event; i.e. he should know about the event, and know who is in charge of it.

Though perhaps an easier way to accomplish the same thing would be by calendar; if the event is on a patrol calendar, for example, the patrol advisor would be the automatic contact person.

Agreed! A drop down that shows up when you click permission slip box. The drop down shows adults who are in the invite list. One then picks a leader to be the “leader of record” to show up on the permission slips.

There has been some pushback on feature requests lately. This request is a good one since the BSA may not go electronic. If we still do paper, the effort to do paper should be as low as possible. I know a unit that is staying with troopwebhost purely for the permission slip features.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.