Cub Scout outdoor activity pin

Is there a plan to replace the Cub Scout outdoor activity pin? The SKU for the old one was 14236 but was discontinued for compliance with lead levels. I have a scout who has earned one and I’m not sure how to recognize the 2nd year of earning the award. What are other packs doing for multiple year Outdoor Activity Award recipients?

Hello. Did you ever find out how additional Outdoor Activity Awards should be recognized? All I could find online was that the pin with SKU 14236 should be awarded, but it’s no longer available.

No. I found out that the original pin had a higher lead content than was legal so it was recalled. At this time, there doesn’t seem to be a plan to replace it. There is a small bsa fleur-de-lis pin that I have heard of some groups using instead.

1 Like

I have a couple of AOLs that are getting ready to cross over and complete the requirements for a second time for the Outdoor Activity Award pin/device. What is the official BSA replacement for this? Scoutbook has never been updated with an alternative (similar for devices for adult awards earned multiple times in different roles in different programs).

I’m guessing that the paw device for the Outdoor Activity Award will likely never see the light of day now that the awesome patches are turning into belt loops.

We used a tiny fleur-de-lis pin.

Starting in June it is an Adventure for ranks