Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

District positions

I have an adult that applied online for a district position. It is now in pending acceptance. When we select accept there are no positions available to select. So will not let us accept the application. What do we need to do to get this application accepted?

Make sure your council has turned on the ability to use the online application for District & Council positions.

1 Like

How do I make sure this is turned on?

@RonaldBlaisdell is that a different setting than general online adult application capability? I know some councils turn off adult applications due to local laws, but I’ve so far been unaware of a separate switch for district and council positions.

@AmberHimmelspach what position do you have that is giving you an accept option? I believe it is just scout executive and those delegated Registration Support, so most roles don’t have accept capability for district and council positions.

It is not a setting, as much as it is a policy. I belong to two Councils. They both allow online applications for Youth, but neither allow online applications for adults as a policy decision. (Although I think one is coming around to the idea. Haven’t checked with the other.)